Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Shack

Although I seldom read books because they're best sellers I just finished reading The Shack. If not for the foreword I might not have kept reading through the next 15 pages describing an idyllic family life and beautiful scenery, but when the action finally started it was gripping. The book is an excellent example of compassionate communication and the author (or authors?) manage to include deep theological information naturally through the action and dialogue. I found the book inspiring and can certainly understand why it's selling so well. If you haven't read it yet and would like to learn more, try this URL:  www.theshackbook.com.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the great critique--I've written the title down and will look for it. Sounds like a good read! ABC writer, Kathleen