Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reading Books for Kids

When I was a kid I read voraciously, and that hasn't changed. In fact I still often read books written for kids because:
A. That's what I write.
B. They're usually short enough so I don't have to put them down in the middle of an exciting plot.
C. They aren't depressing or sordid, and
D. I'm still a kid at heart.
To tell the truth, the first reason is really just an excuse. I'd read that kind of book even if I didn't write them. Or maybe I'm confusing cause and effect; I write books for kids because I read them.

5 comments:

Virginia S Grenier said...

Maybe it's a little of both. LOL.

Janet Ann Collins said...

You're probably right, Virginia.

Connie Arnold said...

Those are all great reasons for reading kids' books!

Janet Ann Collins said...

Thanks, Connie.

Susanne Drazic said...

I agree with what both Virginia and Connie said in their comments.