Saturday, October 20, 2012

Remote Control

Boys who love action and violence will love Remote Control by Jack Heath. Reading it was like watching an adventure flick that never slows down for a moment.

To be honest, this genre isn't the sort of thing I usually enjoy reading. I'm an old lady, not a teenager. But the excellent writing drew me into the plot and made me care what happened to the characters.

Remote Control is science fiction that takes place in a dystopian future universe. It's the second one in a series and I hadn't read the first one, but enough of the past was explained when needed so it wasn't confusing. And, while the ending does encourage readers to get the next book in the series to find out what happens, the story in this book is resolved satisfactorily so I didn't feel cheated.

According to the jacket blurb, Heath started writing the first book in the series as a student in high school. Wow! He obviously has talent, intelligence, and discipline. I just hope he doesn't end up ten or fifteen years in the future churning out dozens of novels that are all alike as some successful authors have done.

In the meantime, I assume the other books he has already written are as excellent as the one I read.


No comments: