Saturday, June 8, 2013

Learning Styles

I am a visual and Kinesthetic learner. If I only hear something I probably won't remember it, but if I see it or write it down I'm less likely to forget.

There are three basic learning styles and most people have one dominant one. In my case, it's visual, but using a physical action like writing uses the Kinesthetic style. That's my second one. And auditory is my least effective one. I guess I'm not a very good listener.

But all three learning styles are equally valuable, so having any one of them dominant is fine.

Kids do best in classroom situations that allow them to use their primary learning style, and adults find it helpful to know what their dominant style is since that helps them predict what they'll do best.

Do you know yours?

I found out about a link to a website with a quiz that will help people discover what kinds of learners they are.  And don't worry, it's not at all difficult. Just scroll down and follow the arrows from the things you choose.

Here's the link:  http://www.onlineeducation.net/2013/05/28/types-of-learning



No comments: