Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spring Colors

Easter is always the first Sunday after the first new moon in Spring.

Tomorrow will be Easter Sunday and I'm already enjoying all the beautiful Spring colors. Trees are blossoming and flowers have been blooming for weeks here in California.

Yes, I know we desperately need rain and some is predicted for Easter Sunday. We'll celebrate if that happens.

And even if kids can't be outside for Easter egg hunts, people will be wearing lovely colors to church.

I notice colors more than most people do. 

Whenever I've had one of those eye tests for color vision where numbers and letters are mixed in with little dots I've always gotten 100% correct.

Since my color vision is so strong I probably get more pleasure from colors than most people do. And, wet or dry, feasting my eyes on the colors will be just one more thing to add to the joy of the holiday.

2 comments:

Karla Akins said...

Hi, Janet! I saw your post on Books & Such and followed it here to your blog. I'd like to get in touch with you and swap blog posts perhaps. I include people with disabilities in my writing, too! I have twins with autism.

This post on color is something that rings true with me as my husband is colorblind and it bothers me that he doesn't see green different from brown, or red different from brown. He is going to be so amazed in heaven! I can hardly wait to see him there enjoying heaven's beauty.

My email is kkakins at gmail dot com if you'd like to get in touch!

Janet Ann Collins said...

Thanks, Karla. I'll contact you.