Saturday, April 8, 2017

Earliest Memories

I can remember some things from when I was two years old, but some people can't even remember things that happened when they were four or five years old.

My earliest memories are of my grandmother, who died when I was two and three months old. We visited her every weekday, so that's one reason why she's stayed in my memory.

And I remember when my baby brother was born. I was two and a half when that happened. It was an important event, so it, too, was impressed in my mind.

I wonder why some people can remember things that happened early in their lives while others can't.

What are your earliest memories? Do you know why they might have stayed with you?

1 comment:

Janet Ann Collins said...

I only missed blogging twice a week once when my computer was out for repairs, but I've been unable to access my own blog since this post in spite of lengthy talks with tech support. They keep sending information to a g-mail account I've never used. I hope I won't have to switch to another company for my blogs in the future, but that might happen.