Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Is it Just Me?

Most of the people I know spend time watching TV or videos, often on their phones or tablets.

But I’d rather read a book.

I do turn on the TV while I’m eating dinner to watch the evening news. Once in a while I might even watch a show or even go to a movie with a friend.

But I can’t imagine going a whole day without reading.

I usually read about half a dozen Middle Grade or Young Adult novels every week and maybe one novel or non-fiction book for adults in a month. I also read the hard-copy newspapers and some magazines.

There’s something pleasurable about using my own imagination, sometimes with the help of a photo or some illustrations, to visualize what I’m reading about.

And I like to sit down in a comfortable chair and relax while I’m reading for pleasure. I spend more than enough time in front of the screen reading e-mail and other things online.

Am I a dinosaur? 


Does anyone else still prefer reading genuine, old fashioned books?

No comments: