Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Hattie Ever After

I love reading about San Francisco history, and this book by Kirby Larson does a wonderful job of bringing that era to life.

The book takes place in 1919. It’s about a girl who comes to The City hoping to become a newspaper reporter.

In an era when women were expected to be humble, submissive housewives, that was extremely unlikely.

But Hattie is determined to succeed and takes lots of daring chances.

She discovers things aren’t always what they seem. I won’t spoil the book by giving away the plot secrets, but I will say it’s exciting and the story is surprising.


This is the second book in a series, but I hadn’t read the first one and didn’t miss any information from that. However the writing is so good I’ll look for more books by the author, including that first one in the series.

No comments: