Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Time Travel?


In California, where I live, we’re having a lot of power outages and they make me realize how much we rely on electricity.

I suppose if I were to time travel to the 1800s before people had electricity I could have gotten by, as long as someone else cut and brought in the firewood and milked the cows. I’ve gone camping and, as a kid, I once lived in a cabin with an ice box instead of a refrigerator for a while.

But, what if I were to time travel to hundreds of years ago? I’d have a difficult time fitting in because the English language has changed so much since then, not to mention how people lived.

If I were to go back to around 1000 years ago and landed in the Roman Empire area I couldn’t possibly survive even though I took Latin in High School.

Once a litle girl told me she had figured out the history of the world. She said, “There were Bible times, kings and queen times, long dress times, and now.”

Tech problems or not, I think I prefer to stay in now.



No comments: