Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

Okay, I know it's trite but I can't resist blogging today about things I'm thankful for.
First there are the things I tend to take for granted but many people lack such as a roof over my head, adequate food to eat, and a much safer environment than lots of others in the world have.
My health isn't perfect, but it's better than it was for years.
And I'm very grateful to have had two books published this year. Even one would have been a dream come true because all my previously published work was in periodicals or compilations.
I've been keeping a blessing diary where every evening I write down at least three things I thank God for. Looking back over the months and seeing how frequently certain kinds of things are mentioned it's clear the ones I appreciate the most are relationships, especially with people I love; beauty, usually either the natural kind or the experience of reading good books; and managing to accomplish things, especially if those weren't easy.
What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Jean said...

It isn't trite! Gratitude is a life-altering attitude.

I'm thankful for the people in my life, too. And the opportunity to write for publication. And my handful of dear friends. My health is very good, thank you, Jesus!

I'm very grateful for the many opportunities God has allowed me to have. Opportunities many people will never experience.

And the list goes on...

Blessings,
Jean
http://write2ignite.wordpress.com

Janet Ann Collins said...

And I'm thankful to you for sharing your blessings, Jean.