Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Peril of the Sinister Scientist

When my first book, The Peril of the Sinister Scientist, was published in the summer of 'o9 I took a copy to the local paper but they had no interest in my press release. This week, to my surprise, Ryan Rindels, a new writer for the paper, called me. He said he'd been given the copy of my book by an editor, and interviewed me about writing.
On Thursday he sent a photographer to my house. As you can tell by the photo, my dog found the camera fascinating.
Yesterday the story ran and it took up most of the front page in the Religion section. I was amazed to have such a big spread.
I wish the nice young man who wrote the article had mentioned my newer books, but I'm pleased to have gotten this unexpected publicity.
Here's the link to the story and picture: http://www.theunion.com/article/20111007/FEATURES/111009763/1066&ParentProfile=1053

1 comment:

Susan B James said...

Congratulations, Janet. Your giving the editor a copy of the book paid off. a sterling example of "in God's time; not ours."