Saturday, December 29, 2012

Infinity Ring

This is a new series for kids published by Scholastic. It's Sci-Fi with a touch of historical fiction about some kids who time travel to try to stop bad guys from destroying the world. The story starts in a time like ours that's dystopian because of the history the kids must try to change.

So far I've read the first two books and can't wait to read more because they're so well written.

To my surprise, they don't have the same author. James Dashner wrote the first one and Carrie Ryan wrote the second, but the realistic characters, the underlying plot concept and the style of writing are the same. I know lots of traditional series for kids have been written by various authors under the same name, but I always felt that was dishonest. I appreciate Scholastic's integrity in letting the authors of this series use their own names.

These books are action-packed adventures and I can't wait to read the next one.

No comments: