Wednesday, September 4, 2013

All One Family

I've blogged about my strange and extremely extended family before. (If interested you can see those posts here:
http://onwordsblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/extended-family.html
and here:
http://onwordsblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/its-all-relative.html  )

But there's something I've neglected to say: If I can love relatives who have different religious and political views and/or live thousands of miles away so I rarely or never see them, why can't we realize that all human beings are one family and learn to love each other? I'm tired of hearing about wars and rumors of war, people starving or being forced into slavery, and racial or religious prejudices. It's time to stop those things.

Thousands of years ago when humans encountered people who were different from themselves it was usually because the strangers were coming to take their territory and possessions. But, come on, we're not primitive people anymore. Isn't it time we realized we really are all one family? Why can't we learn to get along with each other?

Okay, that's my idealistic vent for the day.

No comments: