Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Writers' Groups

Writing is a solitary business, but writers are communicators.

Locally I'm in three critique groups and two writers' groups that have speakers and business meetings. I belong to some online groups and follow posts and conversations from agents and lots of other writers.

I've spoken at some writers' conferences and attended others. Some of my closest friends are people I've met at events like that.

When writers get together we connect in a way that's different from other friendships because we understand each other at a level "normal" people wouldn't understand.

There have been times when I got discouraged and wondered if I should give up writing, but then I realized I'd have to leave all those groups. Every time, that was enough to keep me motivated.

I'll probably never become a best-selling author, but I've found out about times my writing has helped other people, and that's a strong motivator.

And I enjoy writing and communicating with other writers a lot.

Okay, I'd better stop blogging and get back to work.

No comments: