Wednesday, November 2, 2016

To-Do Lists

Do you have a to-do list?

I do. In fact I have two.

One list is on a big whiteboard on my office wall. It's divided into seven sections, one for each day of the week. I use a different colored marker for each week so when I erase the list for one day and put in the things for that day in the following week, I don't get confused.

I copy things like meetings and appointments from my calendar into the sections for each day. Then I add the other things I need to do. Those might include writing or rewriting something I'm working on, shopping, blogging, cooking for the week, calling someone in particular, etc.

Often I don't accomplish everything I'd hoped to do, so I write whatever didn't get done into the space for the next day. When I had a full time job I got more done in my free time than I do now because I'm scattered all over the place.

The other To-Do list is for big jobs, like cleaning my office. Some of the things on that list get put off for months because the white board list is so full it doesn't allow time for them.

I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't get everything done according to plan.

Do you have a to-do list?




No comments: