Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Family

Like most people, I’ve been happy to see and spend time with lots of my family members during the holidays season.
There’s something special about being with people who share a lot of the same memories.
According to my old dictionary from college, a family is “a group of people related by blood or marriage.” Of course since today many couples don’t bother to get legally married that definition has probably been expanded.
My family includes, cousins, second cousins, cousins once or twice removed, in-laws, cousins, parents and children of in-laws, and many more. When we first got married my husband gave up trying to remember all the relationships and just called them “step-neighbors-in-law.”
Whatever you may call them, even extended families share similarities, whether those are caused by heredity or common experiences.

I’m thankful to have such a wonderful family and hope we can all keep in touch. 

No comments: