Saturday, May 19, 2018

Resolutions

In about a month this year will be half over.
Way back in January did you make any New Year’s Resolutions?
If you did, have you kept them?
I don’t usually make New Year’s Resolutions because I usually forget about them by the time Summer - or even Spring - comes around. 
This year perhaps I’ll try making New Season’s resolutions. There are quite a few things I’d like to accomplish by the end of Summer.
Of course every day, week, and month I have a list of things I want to get done and, sometimes I actually do finish them. But it seems like there is always something more I wish I’d done. There’s always something to write, edit and submit, files that need to be cleaned out, piles of stuff in the garage to sort, sell, or give away, housework, shopping, cooking, meetings to attend, e-mail messages to read, people to contact, etc., etc., etc.
Instead of making resolutions, I think I’ll resolve to relax and take one day, hour, or minute at a time. I’ll probably never get everything done, but I’ll enjoy my life a lot more without the pressure.

How about you? 

No comments: