Saturday, May 26, 2018

The Murderer’s Ape

I hesitated to check this book out of the library because it’s probably the longest Middle Grade book I’ve ever seen - 588 pages. But The Murderer’s Ape was so well written I finished it in two days.
The book is unusual in more ways than its length, too.
The main character is a gorilla, and the book seems to have been written by him. The actual author, Jakob Wegelius is human and he originally wrote it in Swedish, but it was translated into English by Peter Graves.
The story takes place in the area of India, Arabia and Africa, which is also rather unusual. 
While the book is sort of fantasy since the gorilla can read, write, and do many other human things, it happens long ago, so it’s also historical fiction.
But the plot is so exciting none of that matters. The characters are realistic and I cared about them, too.

In my opinion, this is a wonderful book.

No comments: