Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Not Fair!


In the winter I wear sweaters and other warm clothing that don’t need to be steamed or ironed to remove wrinkles. In Spring and Autumn I wear lots of things made with synthetics, and they don’t need to be ironed or steamed.

But in the Summer when the weather gets really hot the coolest fabrics are things like pure cotton and rayon that do need to be steamed or ironed to get rid of the wrinkles.

And using a steamer or iron is warm work.

That’s not fair!

But wait…

Is it fair that I have plenty of clothes to choose from, and an insulated house with heating and air conditioning when so many people in the world don’t even have a roof over their heads or more clothes than what they’re wearing?

Certainly not!


Okay, I’ll quit complaining about the minor inconveniences in my own life.

No comments: