Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Magical Max and Magical Mickey’s Big Surprise

I've reviewed other books in this series before. All of them are about kids in a family who have magical powers in early childhoods, but loose them as they grow older. I'm afraid Magical Max and Magical Mickey's Big Surprise will be the last one in the series.

As anyone who reads my posts regularly knows I care a lot about Special Needs and I especially like the fact that one of the characters in the series, Lily, uses a wheelchair.

In this story main characters in the earlier books, Mea and Matt, as well as their neighbor Lily, have grown up and will be graduating on the same day. Everyone is busy making and hiding secret graduation gifts for them.

Twins Max and Mickey know their magic will disappear soon, but they're trying to create the best gift of all.

It really is a wonderful gift, but I won't spoil the story by telling you what it is.

As usual, Kevin Scott Collier did a good job illustrating the book.

I'm sorry to see this series by Penelope Anne Cole come to an end, and hope to see other books by her in the future.


No comments: