Saturday, April 14, 2018

What A Day!

It felt so good to hit the snooze alarm and sleep in. But then…
I realized how much I need to do today. Shop, cook, clean house, do yard work, pay bills, etc., etc. And I’ll be sure to turn on the noon news to find out who has been killed and learn about wars, rumors of war, and nasty politics. And I need to try to catch up on all my unread e-mail messages and work on that manuscript and - etc., etc., etc..
What a day!
But wait!
Okay, it’s time to take a deep breath and focus on all I have to be thankful for instead of complaining.
I can afford to buy food, and have a stove and refrigerator. I have a car that will take me safely to the store. I have a house and yard, and utilities. I’ll see lovely trees and plants in my yard and I can communicate with people all over the world on the internet. I have friends and family and live in a nice neighborhood. I can see, and hear, and taste, and smell, and eat, and think, and talk and walk, and read, and write, and …..
I could go on all day about the good things.
What do you have to be thankful for?

No comments: