Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Focused

I’ve been involved with kids who have Special Needs for most of my life. I was a foster parent, worked at California School for the Deaf, and was a substitute teacher in many Special Ed classes, to name only a few ways I’ve done that.

But the book, Focused, by Alyson Gerber, gave me a better understanding of what it’s like to have ADHD than I’ve ever had. ADHD is Attention Deficit Disorder, a condition that makes it extremely difficult to focus on one thing.

Clea, the main character in this book, has that disorder, although she doesn’t know it. 

The story is well written and the plot kept me turning the pages.


I highly recommend Focused to middle grade readers because they would enjoy reading it and also learn to understand kids they may know who have ADHD.

No comments: