Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Books for Kids

Anyone who often reads my blog posts knows I review lots of books for kids.

Perhaps some people wonder why I do that.

Well, here are some reasons:

I read about half a dozen chapter books and Middle Grade ones every week and like to tell other people about the good ones. If I don't like a book I won't review it.

I like to read kids' books because I can usually finish one in an hour or so. I hate to put a book down in the middle of a story. Of course some books for kids are a lot longer than I can read in an hour.

Usually the books aren't sordid or depressing. There's enough of that in real life.

As a teacher, parent, and grandparent I've shared hundreds of books with children and strongly believe in the importance of reading to them from an early age. I hope some people will share books with kids they know as a result of reading my reviews.

I'm the author of books for children. It helps to see the competition and I like to help other authors whose work I enjoy publicize their books, even if those authors are already rich and famous.

And (here's the confession) I'm still a kid at heart.

Do you ever read books for children?


No comments: