Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Presence of Presents

The word, present, means to be in a certain place. For example, a student may be marked as present by a teacher, who marks the presence or absence of each student in the class.

As a verb, present (emphasis on the second syllable,) means to put something in a certain place. Perhaps someone might present a gift to another person.

And the thing that was presented would be considered a present.

During the holiday season we present a lot of presents to people.

I don't know about you, but my favorite part of the holiday isn't the presents I get, but the presence of people I love. And it makes me happy when they appreciate the presents I present to them.

Of course at this time of the year Christians celebrate that we were presented with the present of the presence of God. Now that's something to appreciate.

No comments: