Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Lee Roddy

A writer I've met, Lee Roddy, is the author of books for kids that might be considered classics.

I think he started getting his books published in the 1970s, though that could have happened even earlier, and today's kids are still reading them.

Dozens of his books are still in print and some of those have been written more recently.

I have lots of them on my own shelves

Kids love Roddy's books because they're full of action and adventure. Some have girl protagonists, but a lot of the main characters are boys.

Since the stories take place in various locations and time periods, their young readers are learning information at the same time they're enjoying the exciting plots.

I found his website, and in case anyone reading this blog post is interested in learning more about his books, here's the link:
http://www.leeroddybooks.com/index.htm

No comments: