Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Max Elliot Anderson

Anyone who knows me or reads my blog posts knows I read a lot of books for kids.

I've read several books by Max Elliot Anderson in the past. Recently I read three more and enjoyed them a lot.

Those books are: Lost Island Smugglers, which is a Sam Cooper Adventure, and both The Cat Burglars and Funny Money. The last two are part of another series, The Accidental Adventures of Kurt Benson and His Friends, Riley and Jordan. (That series name is a VERY long subtitle!)

Anderson writes just the sort of stories boys, even reluctant readers, will love!  His books aren't long, each one is full of exciting adventures, and the characters are realistic.  Of course lots of girls will enjoy reading them, too.

In some ways these books are similar to classic series like The Hardy Boys mysteries, but they take place in modern times. And, unlike some of the classic adventure series for kids, it's believable that the kids in his series get into the scary situations and are able to handle them.

Anderson has written about two dozen books for kids and I expect to read more of them in the future.


No comments: