Saturday, April 3, 2010

Authors

Do you know any authors personally? If you don't, perhaps you can attend a book signing or hear a talk given by one.
When I was in Girl Scouts our troop had the privilege of visiting an author in her home, where she showed us the galley proofs of her book. That was an experience I've never forgotten.
Now that I am an author myself I've met hundreds of others at conferences, and almost all are creative, intelligent, and nice people.
In my humble opinion, anyone who loves to read should try to get to know people who love to write because they may become authors themselves someday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've met some authors through school author visits when my son was in elementary school but I don't know any of them personally.

Thanks for sharing about your author experience when you were in Girl Scouts.

Janet Ann Collins said...

Thank you, Susanne.