Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cheaters

I've heard about a group that claims to be a charity but really isn't. They put out blue bins labeled "Books for Charity" and do give a small percentage of the books to charities, but most of the ones they collect are either resold online or recycled. The bins are showing up all over the West Coast and may spread to other parts of the country soon. Donations of books to local libraries and real charities are down wherever they appear. In my opinion what they are doing is wrong.
Here are some links to stories about them:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was first disabled, my family put collection jars by cash registers at stores. We REALLY needed the money. A couple o f the jars were stolen. Nothing surprises me.
Blessings,
J. Aday Kennedy
The Differently-Abled Writer & Speaker
Children's Author of Stella the Fire Farting Dragon (April 2011)
http://jadaykennedy.blogspot.com

Janet Ann Collins said...

That's terrible!