Saturday, August 31, 2013

Blogging About Blogging

When I started blogging in the spring of 2008 it seemed doubtful that I'd be able to keep it up for very long. However I've posted something every Wednesday and Saturday ever since, which amounts to over 500 posts. Mostly of them are about books or kids, with an occasional one about language.

Most of the comments people make are on Facebook, where the posts also appear. It's supposed to be better to get the comments on the actual blog but, unfortunately, that doesn't happen as often.

I started blogging because that was supposed to help my books sell better and can't tell if any sales have actually resulted from doing it, but I continue because it's a fun and easy way to share and interact with other people.

At one time I started another blog about special needs and disabilities since that's something I care a lot about, but almost nobody ever read those posts, so I stopped writing them.

What about you? Do you blog? If so, why? And what do you enjoy about doing it?



No comments: