Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Writers Conferences

In case you wonder why there's no apostrophe in that title it's because the word is both plural and possessive. There are lots of writers at the conferences, which belong to the writers.

I love writers conferences!

Writing is a solitary job, but writers are communicators so when we get together we communicate with each other - a lot.

I've gone to lots of those conferences and spoken at some of them, but I must say my favorite is the one I just attended. It was the Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference in the Santa Cruz Mountains of California. I could go on for pages listing all the great things about it including the beauty of the location, professional information and contacts, new and old friendships, inspiration, and publishing possibilities.

But there's one downside: I'm exhausted!

After the intensive information overload, steep paths between buildings, long days and a long drive home I slept for ten hours last night! But this is a bit personal for a blog post and you don't need to know about that.

However, if you're a writer you do need to know that writers conferences are certainly worth attending.

No comments: