Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bear and the Three Goldilocks

I always enjoy books that take something familiar and make it into something completely different. In Bear and the Three Goldilocks Kevin McNamee has certainly done that.

This cute picture book isn't just a reverse of the familiar Goldilocks and the Three Bears story, though it does have certain similarities to that one. It also incorporates things from another familiar story about the Three Little Pigs, although there are no pigs in the story.

Have I confused you?

If so, that's good. And I didn't even mention the burritos.

While this book incorporates features of the familiar stories, it's quite different and I think kids familiar with the traditional tales will enjoy it a lot.

The art by Robert Lee Beers illustrates the story perfectly.

I'm sure lots of kids will want to hear this story read to them at bedtime over and over again. It's definitely a good one and might even become a classic itself.

2 comments:

penelope anne cole said...

Hi Jan,
Your review has intrigued me. I like twisted fairy tales, so this sounds special. Thanks for sharing,
Penny (www.penelopeannecole.com

Janet Ann Collins said...

Thank you, Penny.