Saturday, October 28, 2017

Christmas Shopping

Stores are getting full of Christmas stuff, and there will be even more once Halloween is over. I saw some Christmas things in stores as early as September this year.
Back in the olden days when I was young, Christmas cards, decorations, gift wrap, etc. didn’t show up in stores until after Thanksgiving.
I’ve heard a lot of people complain that the holiday marketing starts so early, but I have a confession to make: I usually start my Christmas shopping when I see things people I love might want on sale in August.
Gifts are a way of showing love, and doing that is very important to me, especially for people I seldom see, like relatives who live far away. I hope I can continue giving them gifts for Christmas as long as I live.
And I understand that retail businesses make a lot of their income by sales at the end of the year. Everyone in our society needs money to survive, so that’s not an evil thing.
But I still wish pre-Christmas were not such a commercial time of the year.

When do you do your holiday shopping?

No comments: