Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Flying Cars?

Last week I was caught in commuter traffic on the freeway. We were moving at about ten miles an hour and there were cars lined up in both directions as far as I could see.
For a moment I wished I had a flying car and could soar home above them, but then I thought, “What if all these cars were flying?”
That would be terrible!
Can you imagine the number of traffic accidents that would happen in the sky? They’d probably all be fatal since the vehicles would fall to the ground. 
And the cars wouldn’t stay in lines as they do on freeways, but would spread out all over, so smashed vehicles would be falling onto houses and buildings.
Some cars would fly higher than others, so accidents from there would be far worse than those closer to the ground.
With airplanes, there’s traffic control from airports, but the flying cars wouldn’t have anything like that.

I hate being stuck in traffic jams, but that’s definitely preferable to having thousands of flying cars in the sky.

No comments: