Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cecil Murphey

Most adults who win awards in public grin for an instant, then try to look dignified as they approach the stage to accept their prizes. Not Cec Murphey. I happened to be sitting near him at a writers conference when he won an award and rose to claim it, grinning like a little kid. About a year later at another conference I told him he had the most authentic smile I'd ever seen and he told me he prays every day for God to keep him authentic. His prayer is obviously answered.
Cecil Murphey is the author of many best-selling books and an admired public speaker. It would be easy for someone in his position to become conceited, but I'm sure he never will. He has also been through more than his share of troubles but manages to keep smiling authentically and helping others in many ways.
My tagline is "Opening Eyes, Opening Hearts" and I only wish I could do that as well as Cecil Murphey. He can be funny, too.
If Cec sees this post he'll probably be embarrassed, but I can't think resist mentioning him because there's nobody I admire more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janet,
You are right on target.
Love & Prayers,
Yvonne

Janet Ann Collins said...

Thanks, Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful person to know.