Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Courage?

Here's a confession: I have an irrational fear. I'm scared to use the automatic oven cleaning feature on my gas stove.
Yes, I know it's irrational. An unclean oven full of grease buildup is much more likely to catch on fire than an oven using that feature. Even though it heats to hundreds of degrees the stove is insulated and has been scientifically tested. And, yes, I've used it many times before with no problems.
But it still scares me.
Sometimes ovens simply must be cleaned and the instructions that came with my stove say not to use cleaning products that could do the job so sometimes I have to do it. If courage means doing the right thing in spite of your fears maybe that means I'm brave. At least I keep telling myself so. But the self cleaning feature still scares me and I hate doing it.
Am I the only one who feels that way.

No comments: