Saturday, November 2, 2013

More About Captain Courage

About a year ago I blogged about a book called Captain Courage and the Fear Squishing Shoes. Today I want to tell you about a new book by the same author, Stacey A. Marshall. This book, a sequell to the first one, is called Captain Courage and the World's Most Shocking Secret.

What is that secret? Well, it won't spoil the book if I tell you. Captain Courage, who is a school principal in his other identity, gets stage fright!

What?? How can a superhero have a problem like that?

Well, you'll have to read the book to find out and to learn what can be done about it.

Like the previous book, this one will be helpful to kids who need to learn how to deal with fear. And even brave kids will enjoy reading it.

Perhaps some of them will wonder what would happen if their own school principal turned out to be a superhero. (Speaking as a teacher, I suspect some principals actually are.)

Michelle Morse did a good job with the colorful illustrations, too.

3 comments:

penelope anne cole said...

Hi Jan, nice review. I enjoyed it, too, and will post my review on Monday. Wishing Stacey much success.

Margo Dill said...

I love the title of this book, and hopefully CAPTAIN COURAGE can use his courage to fight his stage fright, but I guess we'll all have to tune in to the book to find out! :)

Susan Hornbach said...

I'm sure kids will love another Captain Courage. Thanks for the review Jan, and best wishes and great success to Stacey.