Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ava's Secret Tea Party

I won this picture book by Donna J Shepherd in a contest and I'm glad to have it.

On opening the book the first thing I noticed was the colorful illustrations by Bella Sinclair who must have a magic touch of her ownto show the magic of the story so well.


 Yes, Ava's Secret Tea Party is full of magic.

It's unusual to find characters like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny in the same book, but those are only two of the famous characters Ava encounters. The Sandman and the Tooth Fairy are involved, too.

Ava wants to invite them all to a tea party, but how can she get them to come?

I won't give away the plot, but she does succeed and after the story ends there are several pages of recipes so young readers and their famiies can have their own tea parties.

I think I'll give this book to my granddaughter, but I'll have to try at least one of the yummy sounding recipes myself.

No comments: