Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Voting

As elections are approaching people in my area are encouraged to vote by mail.
I won’t.
People with day jobs find it difficult to get to polling places before or after their jobs. Voting by mail is probably more convenient for them.
And it’s possible that a few people might become seriously ill on election day and have to stay home.
But, a few years ago in the area where I live, a candidate was discovered to be involved in shameful, illegal activity a few days before the election, and he was running for an important office.
Many of the people who voted by mail had probably already cast their ballots for him. Fortunately, most people still voted in person.
Imagine what a mess it would have been if he’d won the election!

That’s why I intend to take my ballot to one of the few voting places and cast it on election day.

No comments: