Saturday, January 12, 2019

Mystery

Yesterday I heard a faint, high-pitched sound that seemed to be coming from the ceiling.

 It was too soft to be from a smoke alarm, and every time I moved under one of the alarms the sound seemed to be coming from another direction. 

I followed it around the house, but always heard it coming from somewhere other than where I was standing.

It was driving me crazy!

I asked a neighbor with mechanical skills to come in and help me find it, but he was hard of hearing and couldn’t hear it at all.

The sound continued for several hours.

Finally I decided to sit down and read, hoping that would distract me from the frustrating sound. My dog jumped up onto my lap and the mystery was solved!

The sound was coming from the collar she wears to keep her from barking. Normally it emits a sound only dogs can hear if she barks, but the slightly lower sound is to let me know the battery is low.

I removed the battery and replaced it with a new one and the sound was gone.


Whew! What a relief!

No comments: